One of the best sightseeing and historical cities in the United States is Washington, D.C. You can go see the Smithsonian, Washington Monument, Capitol building and much more. What makes this place even better is that most of those places are already free. There are a few popular places that are paid attractions though. Below is a list of the top 7 military discounts in Washington, D.C. Just make sure to bring your military ID!
1) Fords Theater – Blue Star Theaters’ program allows military personnel to receive a 50 percent discount on tickets to select Ford’s Theater performances.
2) National Archives – This is free for everyone, but this makes the list because service personnel in uniform or with a valid military ID get to enter through the special events entrance on the corner of Constitution Avenue and 7th Street. This includes family and guests and it can save you one hour in line during peak season.
3) International Spy Museum - All military save $6.00 off of the regular admission price.
4) Crime Museum - All military save $2.00 off of the regular admission price.
5) Newseum – They offer a 10% military discount.
6) Capital Segway Tours – They offer a military discount, and I suggest calling in advance as their tours often sell out.
7) Washington Nationals - When it is baseball season, you can save up to 42% with your military discount!
You can find even more military discounts in Washington, D.C. by downloading an app called Discount Soldier. This app will show you military discounts in and around Washington, D.C. or anywhere else in the country. What are some of the best military discounts you’ve ever used or heard of?
Comment below or start the conversation here and connect within the military community.