Image Copyright: Courtesy of Glidden Lopez / AP
By Paul J. Weber
Copyright: The Associated Press
FORT HOOD, TEXAS — The Fort Hood soldier suspected of killing three people and wounding 16 others last week began his eight-minute rampage on the sprawling Texas Army post after an argument related to taking leave, military investigators said Monday.
Army spokesman Chris Grey didn’t indicate during a brief news conference whether Spc. Ivan Lopez was granted the leave or the circumstances behind the request. The shooting spree Wednesday ended when Lopez killed himself with his .45-caliber pistol after confronting a female military police officer, who Grey said fired once at Lopez but didn’t strike him.